It’s everywhere. We know vitamin c serums are literally one of the most popular skincare you will easily find anywhere. But How do you know exactly what type of vitamin c serum is right for you?
Do you judge from the packaging or the ingredients or your instincts?
In this article we’ve taken the guesswork out of finding the right Neutriherbs Vitamin C Serum for you.
Neutriherbs Vitamin C Serum Vs Super Booster Which Should You Use?
Let's compare & contrast two of our top best sellers: Vitamin C Serum Vs Super Booster Vitamin C Plus Serum:
Neutriherbs Vitamin C Serum
Neutriherbs Vitamin C serum has the highest quality Vitamin C (15%) and hyaluronic acid to create a potent antioxidant effect that absorbs into the skin smoothly and helps to brighten your skin.
In addition to Hyaluronic acid, The Vitamin C serum features other star ingredients Including, Niacinamide, Rose Canina Fruit and Glycyrrhiza Glabra, to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration and dullness, leave you with glowing, radiant skin.
Neutriherbs Super Booster Vitamin C Plus Serum
It contains a potent winning antioxidant blend of 20% pure vitamin C (the highest concentration available) and alpha arbutin to deal with stubborn acne scars, dark spots, sunburn, uneven tone and other forms of hyperpigmentation.
What’s more? Ferulic acid and vitamin E boost the efficacy and stability of this new vitamin c formula, so your N10,500 goes far. And that's not all: The formula also calls on citric acid to gently exfoliate and smooth dull, uneven texture while Centella asiatica herb provides soothing benefits.
The General difference between Neutriherbs vitamin c serum and Super Booster Vitamin C plus serum
- The Vitamin C Content in the Vitamin c serum is 15% while the vitamin c content in the Vitamin c Plus serum is 20%.
- Vitamin c serum is made with other ingredients like hyaluronic acid, Niacinamide, Rosa canina fruit and Glycyrrhiza Glabra. However Super Booster Vitamin C Plus Serum features Ferulic Acid, Citric Acid and Arbutin.
- Vitamin c serum does not need to build tolerance because it’s milder, less irritating and suitable for daily use. While Super Booster Vitamin c plus serum might be stronger with better effect, it could also be potentially more irritating and needs to gradually build tolerance by starting out slowly 3-4 times a week before increasing frequency.
- Vitamin c serum is suitable for all skin types especially dull, dry and sensitive ones. Vitamin C Plus Serum is suitable for normal skin, acne prone skin
- In terms of skin concerns, Vitamin C serum is suitable for treating dull skin for a brighter glowing look while super booster because its stronger could help tackle much more serious concerns such as stubborn dark spots, acne scars, sunburn and hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin c serum is N8000 while Vitamin c plus serum is N10,500
The Key Ingredient Difference Between Both Types of Vitamin C Serums
Vitamin c plus serum is made with 2 types of vitamin c namely: Ascorbic Acid (AA) and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) while Vitamin c serum is made with ethyl ascorbic acid.
Let's dig deeper into these active Ingredients one by one:
Ascorbic Acid (AA)
Ascorbic acid is found inside the super booster serum and is the most well researched form of vitamin c and the most potent. In fact other forms of Vitamin c often needs to be converted to ascorbic acid before they could work.
However, it’s very unstable and could easily oxidize when exposed to air, light and heat.
That’s why Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid are added into the Super Booster Vitamin C Plus serum to help stabilize the formula.
Not just that, you would also notice the package container of the super booster serum is more opaque and airtight than the regular vitamin c this is because formula and packaging is key when using ascorbic acid.
Here’s More About Ascorbic Acid In Super Booster Vitamin C Plus Serum:
- It’s water soluble and requires a low pH ( > 3.5) for optimal skin penetration.
- It can be irritating due to the low pH formula it’s in, making it less ideal for those with dry/sensitive skin
- Its potency increases with concentration, starting at 5 % and up to 20%. Anything stronger will not deliver better results.
The second type of vitamin c found in Super Booster Vitamin C PLUS serum is Sodium ascorbyl phosphate.
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
What is noteworthy about SAP is that it has an antimicrobial effect and can be a good option for treating and preventing acne. This is why we recommend Super Booster Plus serum for acne prone skin.
But to be fair, All vitamin c in general are anti-inflammatory, which makes them beneficial for acne-prone skin.
The regular Neutriherbs Vitamin C Serum uses a different type of vitamin c called Ethyl Ascorbic Acid to achieve brightness.
Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (EAA)
Aka 3-0-ethyl-L-ascorbic acid, an extremely stable form of vitamin C found inside the Neutriherbs Vitamin c Serum.
The conversion rate to AA in the skin is 86%, which is higher than the average 50-60%!
Several studies have been done on EAA’s brightening effects is one of the highest amongst the Vitamin c family.
So Which is your go-to Neutriherbs Vitamin C Serum? Super booster or regular vitamin c serum?